Friday, April 12, 2013

Food and Nutrition for Pets

It is so scary every time I hear on the news about another pet food or pet treat recall. What is going on? Because of all of this I decided to research natural pet foods for pets. There are a lot of them out there but you still have to be careful you may not know where the ingredients are coming from. Outside of the USA, companies are not scrutinized by the FDA so some of those ingredients may still be your pet’s food.

So, I started reading about natural pet foods and I finally chose one that I liked. It is made right here in the USA, it is a family company and they are top notch when it comes to choosing the ingredients and where those ingredients come from.

I am talking about Flint River Ranch 100% all natural holistic food. I like them so much I decided to become a distributor for them. If you would like to check them out go to: http://www.frrco.com/123411

If you want to search out what natural pet foods are good for your pet, there are quite a few good articles on the web about what to look for but I have listed below what you should look for when you are on your search.

-Lots of animal protein at the top of the ingredients list
-A named animal protein (beef, chicken, lamb and so on)
-An animal protein meal
-Whole vegetables, fruits, and grains.
-A “best by” date that’s at least six months away.

What you DON’T want to buy is:
-Meat by-products or poultry by-products.
-A generic fat source’
-Added sweeteners
-Artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives (i.e., BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin).

It really does matter what we feed our pets !

No comments:

Post a Comment