by: Laurie Brzostowski
I try to keep on top of all the pet food recalls that go on as they come out. I used to work as a Quality Associate in Medical Device and one of my jobs was to make sure our products were safe to use in hospitals, etc. So of course, I am familiar with checking the FDA website for recalls for safety issues.
But those of you who may not be aware, the FDA does list all recalls of pet food. Below is the list of all pet food recalls of 2013.
If you are still feeding your pets any of these foods, stop immediately and start shopping around for another food to purchase.
Some natural and holistic pet foods may claim to be "made" in the USA, however, some of their ingredients may be outsourced from China or other countries.
So, here is the list of the 2013 Pet Food Recalls.
2013 Recalls and Safety Alerts
- November 27, 2013 Cargill Conducts Voluntary Recall of Select Nutrena® NatureWise® Meatbird and Chick Starter Feed
- November 04, 2013 Bailey's Choice Recalls Chicken Treats Because of Possible Salmonella Contamination
- September 04, 2013 Hubbard Feeds Inc. Announces an Expanded Voluntary Recall of Hubbard Life Homestead FastGrow Poultry Feed in Indiana, Michigan and Illinois Due to Elevated Calcium
- August 30, 2013 Nestle Purina Voluntarily Recalls Limited Number of Purina ONE beyOnd Our White Meat Chicken and Whole Barley Recipe Adult Dry Dog Food Bags Due to a Potential Health Risk
- August 26, 2013 Goldenfeast® Inc. Recalls Bird Food Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination from Parsley
- August 14, 2013 P&G Voluntarily Recalls Limited Quantity of Dry Pet Food Due to Possible Health Risk
- July 02, 2013 Hubbard Feeds Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall in Indiana and Michigan Due to Potentially Elevated Calcium and Phosphorus in Medicated Poultry Feed
- June 18, 2013 Natura Pet Issues Voluntary Recall of Specialized Dry Pet Foods Due to a Possible Health Risk
- June 12, 2013 Hartz Mountain Corporation is Voluntarily Recalling One Specific Lot of 1.2 oz. Size of Wardley Betta Fish Food Due to Possible Health Risk
- May 15, 2013 Rural King Recalls Deer Corn Because of Possible Health Risk
- May 02, 2013 Bimeda Inc. on Behalf of Manufacturer Bimeda-MTC Animal Health Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Sterile Solutions Due to Concerns Regarding Sterility and Possible Health Risk
- April 19, 2013 Natura Pet Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk
- April 18, 2013 Merit Bird Company, LLS Recalls Vitae Because of Possible Health Risk
- April 10, 2013 Cargill’s Animal Nutrition Business Conducts Voluntary Recall of Lamb Feed
- April 03, 2013 Bravo! Issues a Voluntary Recall for Three Raw Frozen Food Diet for Dogs and Cats Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- March 29, 2013 Natura Pet Expands Voluntary Recall of Dry Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk
- March 18, 2013 Natura Pet Issues Voluntary Recall of Specialized Dry Pet Foods Due to Possible Health Risk
- March 13, 2013 Bravo! Recalls 2 lb Tubes of Chicken Blend-Raw Frozen Food Diet for Dogs and Cats (One Lot Code) Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- March 10, 2013 Premium Edge, Diamond Naturals and 4health Dry Cat Food Formulas Voluntarily Recalled Due to Possibility of Low Levels of Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- March 07, 2013 Diggin’ Your Dog Recalls Strippin' Chicks Pet Treats Distributed in Colorado and Nevada Due to Possible Salmonella Hazard
- March 07, 2013 Steve’s Real Food Recalls Turducken Canine Recipe Patties Because of Possible Health Risk
- March 06, 2013 Jones Natural Chews Co Recalls Woofers Dog Treats Because Of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- March 05, 2013 Cargill’s animal nutrition business conducts voluntary recall of select mineral product used in ruminant feed
- February 27, 2013 United Pet Group Inc., Voluntarily Withdraws "Ultra Blend Gourmet Food for Parakeets," "eCotrition Grains & Greens Nutritional Supplement for Parakeets," "eCotrition Grains & Greens Nutritional Supplement for Canaries and Finches," and "eCotrition Grains & Greens Nutritional Supplement for Cockatiels" Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination
- February 22, 2013 Hy-Vee Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Dog Food Products
- February 21, 2013 Kasel Associates Industries Recalling Certain Pet Treats Due to Salmonella Contamination
- February 21, 2013 The Honest Kitchen® Voluntarily Recalls Limited Lots Of Verve®, Zeal®And Thrive® Products Due To Possible Health Risk
- February 20, 2013 Nutri-Vet, LLC Recalls Nutri-Vet and Nutripet Chicken Jerky Products Because Of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- February 19, 2013 Kaytee Recalls Bird Treats and Greens Due to Possible Salmonella Contamination from Parsley Flakes
- February 19, 2013 Kasel Associated Industries Recalls All Products Manufactured at its Denver, Colorado Facility from April 20, 2012 thru September 19, 2012 Because of Possible Salmonella Health Risk
- February 15, 2013 Nature's Variety Issues Voluntarily Recall of One Batch of Instinct® Raw Organic Chicken Formula for Dogs & Cats Due to Possible Health Risk
- January 28, 2013 The Hartz Mountain Corporation is voluntarily withdrawing its Hartz Chicken Chews and Hartz Oinkies Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken for dogs
- January 09, 2013 Milo’s Kitchen® Voluntarily Recalls Chicken Jerky and Chicken Grillers Home-style Dog Treats
Keep your pets safe by feeding them the right choices.