Summer is now upon us which means a lot of people are scheduling their summer vacations. But, one of the things everyone needs to think about is who is going to take care of your cat while you are away?
There are many options for you when going on vacation. One of these options is hiring a cat sitter to come to your home to take care of your cat and your home. It is called inhome pet care.
Inhome pet care allows the cat to stay in their own environment when you go on vacation. Not only that, but your cat sitter will also be taking care of your home which can add peace of mind to the homeowner.
Here are the top 5 reasons you need a cat sitter when you go on vacation:
- The cat or cats can stay in their own environment. They get to sleep in their own places, they get to use their own litter boxes, they get to eat and drink from their own bowls. Not only does this reduce the stress and anxiety your cat may feel, it is healthier. They are not sharing boxes and water and food with other cats.
- Cats get the one on one attention some of them want. Not every cat wants affection from a new person in the house which is fine, but they still receive the best care possible with fresh water, food and litter box cleanup. For the cats that like attention, they have their very own sitter to play with them.
- Your home is taken care of. Cat vacation care can also include bringing in your mail and newspapers, rotating lights and blinds, watering plants, checking basements etc. Having someone coming in at least once a day for your cats also gives the sitter the opportunity to make sure your home has no issues.
- Watching for any ailments. Having someone come in every day also allows the person to see if anything is happening with your cats. Sometimes they require medication, sometimes, they don't feel good and their cat sitter will be able to detect this right away and resolve any issues that come up. Excellent peace of mind know that you have someone there every day checking to make sure your cat is happy and healthy.
- Continuous updates. The best part of having your own sitter come to your home is they can give you continuous updates on how everything is going with your cat and your home. Just coordinate that with your sitter before you leave. It is their job to make sure everything is going well.