A pet is an animal kept primarily for a person’s company, protection or entertainment rather than a working animal or livestock animal. Most pests are often noted for their attractive appearance and their playful responsibilities.
Pets can give companionship to elderly adults who do not have enough social interaction with people. Pets can also provide their owners with emotional and physical benefits such as walking a dog can simply supply the pet and the owner with exercise, fresh air, and social interaction.
The most popular pets are cats and dogs. Some people also keep rabbits, rodents such as hamsters, some fancy rats, gerbils, chinchillas, and guinea pigs. There are also avian pets such as parrots, chickens, canaries and parakeets. Also, there are reptile pets which include snakes, turtles, and lizards.
In some instances, there are aquatic pets which normally include frogs, tropical fish, and goldfish.
In order for pets to survive and live happily, the pet owners/ pet sitters must always take care of the pets and always check their nutritional and health care at all times.
Pet care is all about taking care of your pet starting from food and safety, nourishment, exercise to medical attention. Apart from this, grooming, training and providing complete wellness to your pet is also a part of pet care. If you treat your pet like a friend then it means that you are doing your bit to ensure their overall well-being and that is what pet care is all about. Healthier pets are usually happy pets. When it comes to pet’s health it is recommendable that prevention is always better than cure.
Many people have discovered the beneficial effects of pet care but the fact remains that quite a number of the population are allergic to pets. This may be caused by touching or inhaling allergens which lead to reactions in allergic persons. Symptoms may include; sneezing, sore throat, coughing, itchy eyes, itchy skin and breathing difficulties. The most common pet allergen are proteins found in their saliva, urine, and sebaceous cells.
Ways of preventing allergies in Pets
1. Installing an air purifier – Through this fresh air is let in regularly allowing the already polluted air out of the room.
2. Create an allergen free room
3. Limit fabrics
4. Use anti-allergen room sprays
5. Dust the room regularly
6. Clean the litter box frequently
7. Invest in washable pet bedding
8. Bathe your pet at least once a week
9. Brush or comb your pet frequently.
10. Wash your hands
11. Find a physician
Pet care can in animals is quite important since the owner gets to know when to feed the pet and when to clean its place of sleep. We are going to look at how pet owners take care of their pets.
Caring for Your cat
To keep your cat happy and healthy, you need to know the best ways of pet care.
· Consider the medical concerns of the cat.
· Consider the amount of time you have for the cat.
· House trains the cat.
· Encourage the cat to use a litter box – Place the box in a quiet place where the cat won’t be bothered by people or dogs. Keep the litter box clean and provide enough litter boxes for more than one cat.
· Make the litter box a comfortable place
· Provide the cat with a scratching post
· Discourage the cat from exploring forbidden surfaces
· Define the type of food to feed the cat.
· Keep the pet healthy at all times.
· Pet care in cats also involves checking their skin regularly to check for parasites, lumps, bumps and other skin problems.
· Visit pet care institutions regularly for check-ups.
Caring for your Dog
Pet care in dogs is quite simple as the cat. Before bringing a dog into your home you should know how to provide for its needs both physical and emotional. Pet care also revolves around providing ample playing time, plenty of exercises and its mind stimulation. Other pet care ways in a dog include; feeding the dog, giving the dog water, Taking care of its health and on a regular basis, Get the dog undergo a vaccination to prevent some allergens to humans and other animals as well, groom the dog. Doing this will provide the best pest care in the dog among others.
Caring for fish
Fish are one of the best creatures to have as a pet. Fish pet care is easy to establish and achieve.
The steps are quite easy to get as they include; decide on what type of fish you want, decide on the amount of fish you want, get an appropriate tank, set up the tank and cycle it, put the fish in, perform partial water changes weekly, test the water regularly, feed the fish and monitor them.
After achieving this you would be the best pet care of your generation.